About project: We are looking for an experienced Engineering Team Lead to lead one of our cross-functional technical teams. Our client’s company has with international acknowledgment pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010. As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, they developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Business, they are pioneering another mission: the digitization of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through their sophisticated, scalable, and modular insurance platform they aim to make insurance more customer-friendly.
● Backend: Java, Spring / Spring Boot, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
● Frontend: TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux
● Testing: Selenium, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha
● Build and Deploy: Jenkins, git, Maven, npm
● Infrastructure: AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, K8s (EKS), PostgreSQL (EKS), Kafka (MSK), Apache, Tomcat, Istio, Docker, Prometheus
● Agile Process: Scrum, standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos
● Team members describe you as a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager with great communication and collaboration skills.
● You take pride in your deep knowledge within the technologies, tools, and processes mentioned above – in particular Java, Spring, and AWS.
● There is confidence in your code because you write tests.
● You have a passion for automation of tests, builds, and deployments.
● As Engineering Team Lead you will lead one of our cross-functional Tech teams, each consisting of Backend, Frontend, Quality Assurance, and Site Reliability Engineers, and focus on a specific mission regarding our platform or one of our partner projects.
● You will also work closely with the Product Owner for your team to align Technology and Product vision and to plan, execute and release complex technical features.
● You will drive forward and be a role model of agile methodologies. Our SCRUM Masters will support you and your team on this journey.
● You build and grow your engineering team by driving internal and external hiring and coaching and developing your experienced team members.
● You participate in daily and weekly agile rituals including standups, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
● You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and crafting amazing code yourself.
● Challenging tasks;
● Comfortable office;
● Professional and friendly team;
● Professional growth and development within the fast-growing company;
● English classes;
● Flexible working conditions;
● It is possible to work both in the office and remotely;
● Focusing on every employee;
● Chance to be a part of entrepreneurship;
● Bonus program based on continuous effort;
● Turning your ideas into reality;
● Regular performance reviews;
● Medical care;
● External and internal mentoring program;
● 5 days off + vacation;
● Bonuses for your ideas;
● Team Building Sessions;
● Finance and legal support;
● Participating in social life;
● 50% education coverage;
● Unforgettable corporate events and holiday celebrations.